Going the Distance

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

More birds but tomorrow I go diving


I feel like the woodpecker who is just hanging around. I've rested till I can't rest no more. As someone once or twice said right up until today. Most of the tourists have left the island and gone back to work. I don't feel that need, but am ready to do more than rest, eat, and take pictures of birds.

I go diving tomorrow morning. The water has cleared from the last norther that came through just as we got here. There will be three people diving including me but not the dive master. That's great for me so I won't have to have people in my way. I hope to put some new pictures of turtles that I see tomorrow on the blog. I know they're out there and I think they need a visit.

Nothing much has happened here except the weather is perfect and the water is a beautiful shades of blue with white topping of the reef. I'll be out there tomorrow. Two sailboats have been anchored on the inside of the reef all day. I quess they are diving and visiting. They make me think of my days at sea down here. I have also had some pretty strong thoughts of bringing my boat here and sailing within these islands until I'm too old to do it anymore. I'd have to stop by shore to see Bob once in a while because he wouldn't go on the boat with me.




The orchids grow around Kay's house. I just ask her the name of it and she doesn't know. Maybe one of you will know. There are a couple of different kinds growing and blooming at any given time. They're very small and very beautiful.














This is a statue of a manatee. There are lots of them in the rivers but I've never seen one before. The only river experiences I've had in this country is taking a boat to a Mayan ruin on the coast that was and still is, up a river. We went in a boat with a motor so it scared away birds, manatees, and crocks.
this is a part of the town where some dive boats go out and people sit outside and eat fish.

The man is this picture carved the turtle with the diver riding along on it's back. He also put some rays and fish in on the base. The guy leaning up against the tree is left over from New Years. There are a few that it takes several weeks for them to get over the celebration.

I kinda like the carver's Rasta cap. I may buy a couple for friends but will keep one for myself. I'll be back with a turtle picture tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

All seems to be going according to plan. Glad the sun and sand are beautiful. And I hope you have a good dive tomorrow, Carrie.
Mary

Domonique said...

Nice Birds and beach.
I love birds.
Your Student,Domonique

Updates

pen logo

I'll be writing you. Check my blog posts above to see what I am Up to. For questions or comments you can either leave a comment here on my blog or you can E-mail me at chriscoc1@gmail.com

Envelope Logo