Going the Distance

Sunday, December 27, 2009

We're finally settled in and ready to get on with fun in paradise. I haven't posted anything until now because we've both been sick. Bob's came on down here but mine began the night before we left. I tried to look very well after not being allowed on the plane in Bogata last summer. But that was dential surgery so it was easier to hide a very bad stomach than a swollen face. So is the world of traveling. Bob is much better and even went for a walk to the dive shop today.
The economy is bad here and everyone is saying it is worse than last year, which was bad. For me, the diver, that means that the really great trips are harder to put together. They need eight divers for a trip. I'm glad I have the time to get in on two of the best dives around. One is a three dive trip to Turneffe reef, a wall dive that is an all day affair. The other is the Blue Hole dive with some great diving on the way back. I'll also visit a nesting island on that trip. It's a great trip, I've made it before. I will post pics soon and as they come in.

We are going to Holiday Hotel for New Years Eve. Last year we spent New Years Eve in Tobago with a bunch of ex-pat Brits and a drunken German couple. This one will be just as interesting I'm sure.
I'll sign off now and go take some pictures so I can show you the beautiful blue water.

2 comments:

Domonique said...

Hey, glad you guys got in safe have fun and take lots of pics okay.

Domonique said...

Hey, just wanted to say hi, hope you and Bob got over your sour stomaches. What are some of your favorite things to see?
Love, Domonique

Updates

pen logo

I'll be writing you. Check my blog posts above to see what I am Up to. For questions or comments you can either leave a comment here on my blog or you can E-mail me at chriscoc1@gmail.com

Envelope Logo