Going the Distance

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

These are images from my dive yesterday on Turniff Reef. The image of the many fish was taken at a dive site called the Elbow. It is a place where the currents that are running south around the reef come together at the most southern point. All kinds of fish get together o see what they can eat or otherwise take from the waters. Most of the fish in the fish shot weigh at least fifteen pounds.
The turtle image is one of many I took yesterday. Here, this turtle is cruising down on the edge of the coral that makes up one part of the wall on Turniff. I have several other images and am looking to see many more turtles on this trip.
The sunrise image is what I saw when I was waiting for the boat to pick me up for the dive. It was 5:30 a.m. and not my time of day at all.
We go to Plancencia today through Belize City. I have never been there before so I am ready to get a look at the place. Everyone says it's very much like San Pedro was 30 years ago. I remember San Pedro 30 years ago and it was great. I will dive with SEAHORSE Dive Shop. I'm counting on them to find some whale sharks for me to see starting tomorrow. I'm very excited about the prospect and will put a picture, taken by little-old me, on the blog as soon as I can. Actually, I hope we see one, but more would be great. It's very hot here today, my bags are packed, and I'm ready to go. Bob is roaming around looking for a cooler hat. That's a sign that he's excited about going too.

No comments:

Updates

pen logo

I'll be writing you. Check my blog posts above to see what I am Up to. For questions or comments you can either leave a comment here on my blog or you can E-mail me at chriscoc1@gmail.com

Envelope Logo