Going the Distance

Friday, December 19, 2008

Arrived after much delay

We are finally here in Trinidad. It is December 19 and we arrived late last night at the airport at 11 p.m. It took 45 minutes to get through immigration and another 30 minutes to get to the house where we are staying. Yesterday was a mess, We arrived at 9 for the 10:00 flight to Houston to find that the plane was not flying because of fog. We drove to Houston, encountering a wreck along the way, and got to the international airport in time to board the plane coming here, The boarding was late and we would have missed the plane if it had been on time, Thank you Dee for riding over with us to bring the car back on such short notice. After the plane took off, a little girl had a seizure so we landed in Tampa so the doctors could take the child and her family to a hospital. We finally left Tampa and started on our trip here. We have been resting ever since.
Today we went on a ride to get the lay of the land. The museum and other points of interest are within walking distance. We are setting up a trip to a bird santuary where I hope to take some good bird shots. I just saw three pariot fly into a tree in the little park across the street. I will put picture up tomorrow.
Bob has eaten a fish and found out where the art dealers are located. This is quite a large city with lots of cars. I'll report more later.

2 comments:

Domonique said...

Hey, glad you got there safely, hope you get to see lots of birds; I have a lovebird who loves to play what we call "The Name Game". The game goes until either one of us messes up and forgets to call or until, one cheats and says, I win (which drives the bird nuts, b/c she hates to lose.)(Ha,Ha!!!)
Happy Holdays, Domonique

DLN said...

Bob ate a fish - OMG!
Is this new for him? Yet I kid. I'm glad I was not working that day and able to get you two off on your trip.
~Dln

Updates

pen logo

I'll be writing you. Check my blog posts above to see what I am Up to. For questions or comments you can either leave a comment here on my blog or you can E-mail me at chriscoc1@gmail.com

Envelope Logo