Going the Distance

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The pictures I posted tonight are pictures of the market we went to yesterday and the marina where we had lunch today. I couldn't find a boat to sail but am going to find one as soon as I get to Tabago. Tomorrow is my birthday and it doesn't feel very birthdayee here. The next day is Christmas and the action is supposed to pick up. People will be coming down the street playing steel drums and there are several parties in the neighborhood. The day after Christmas is Boxing day and we are going to the race track (horses). It's the last race of the season and supposed to be a big event. Maybe I'll win some money.

Bob has his say: Outside the main harbor and a bit up the coast there is a harbor full of sailboats, hundreds of them. We spent the afternoon there, just sort of hanging out and eating ice cream. A bunch of Russians were drinking and singing like mad. At the next table teenage girls were having a Christmas party, much squeeling and clapping. And then there was the blue and the boats. A happy mix of sound and silence, the sweet of ice cream, the salt breeze easing in.

5 comments:

Domonique said...

Merry Christmas!!!
Your Student,Domonique

Unknown said...

The pictures are beautiful!
I love the birds!

Happy belated birthday and Merry Christmas. I hope you are having a wonderful time. It sure seems like it.

See you next month.
~Ashley Fukumitsu

Unknown said...

Glad to hear all is well. Happy Birthday to you, Carrie! And Merry Christmas to both of you.
I've had trouble posting earlier and, once again, I can't tell if this message is going through. And I really don't have anything to say except I am sure you will have a great adventure, as usual, and I'll be glad when you are back safe and sound. Bob, I read the travel stories and I think they are brilliant. I read it all in one sitting; couldn't put it down.
Mary

DLN said...

Hey!! Happy Birthday kiddo!!
Nik and I went to Tortola for her 30th b-day...they noticed it in our passports. God, that was 20yrs ago.
Sorry you didn't get to sail - maybe you'll have better luck at a resort type place. Have U SCUBAed yet? Snorkeled? Licked the ocean-salt off your shoulders?
Have more fun-in-the-sun, kids - wear your hats.
TTFN
~Dln

Unknown said...

Where are you and what are you doing? You haven't posted since Dec. 23.
Mother Mary

Updates

pen logo

I'll be writing you. Check my blog posts above to see what I am Up to. For questions or comments you can either leave a comment here on my blog or you can E-mail me at chriscoc1@gmail.com

Envelope Logo