Going the Distance

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bob has his say. Yes, he really is alive!!!

They say I turned white and couldn't move. So once again I get carried out. Nothing like a quarter-mile ride in a wheel chair across the runway and under the roaring engine of an Airbus. Once they got me on the plane and the cabin air on, I perked up, and by the time we got back here. I was up and moving. Altitude sickness no fun. Will have to continue my adventure on the horse later. Here are some pictures carry took up on top. Some are from a monastery, some from a market.
Carrie adds: The guys here at the internet cafe already have five films up on You Tube. Look under Shrine Board to view the videos. They got some good stuff. I hope to update the calander and map when I get a faster connection. We'll be staying in a wonderful hotel in Delhi for four nights then on to Agra for two nights then to Rajasthan for five nights in three cities. It's going to be really hot but we can handle it. We'll be careful and I'll take a lot of pictures. Hello to everyone and we'll have a picture viewing party when we get home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank goodness for this post! I'm glad all is well. You're flying down to New Delhi, right? It looks far away. In blowing up the map I think you are out of the high mountains and into a plain; is that right? I am amazed at what I don't know about India. I am still waiting for a picture of Bob in his new clothes. BCC still sounds alarming and I will be glad to hear the particulars when you come home.
Mary

Unknown said...

P.S. Just watched all the videos and was surprised (and relieved) that you weren't in the middle, Carrie. The comments written in response were alarming though. The two guys sounded like two Americans calling each other names. Instead of Hindus and Muslims they could have been Democrats and Republicans. Neither one was about to give one iota. Depressing but interesting.
Mary

Updates

pen logo

I'll be writing you. Check my blog posts above to see what I am Up to. For questions or comments you can either leave a comment here on my blog or you can E-mail me at chriscoc1@gmail.com

Envelope Logo