Going the Distance

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Troubles end here!

The troubles have ended here when it was announced that the land transfer would not go through. All shops are open here and business is going as usual. The problems are now in Jummu where the population came out on the other end of the land deal. I think riots are still going on there.
Actually, all of these cities are very close together if you are flying. The roads are bad and very crowded so it takes a long time and many bumps to get between cities. When you are looking at the sat map look up close to Pakastan. Keep blowing up (bad choice of words) the map and you will be able to see the beautiful lake that is about a block away from us. Look for Srinagar. This afternoon we will go on one of those boats that I put up earlier. Bob has been wearing the bottom of his outfit but haven't gotten him to put the other part on. Perhaps tomorrow. I'll close now and tell you that I'm looking forward to getting to Delhi. We will be staying at the Taj Mon Singh, which is suposed to be one of the best hotels in the country. Bob and I are ready for some easy times. The picture of the soldiers and military trucks was taken when we came from the airport and the curfew was still on. If you notice, there are no other cars on the road and many military.

Here's Bob:
Feeling much improved. It's hot here. All the long stories will have to wait until there is time to tell them

1 comment:

Don & LaDonna said...

Very impressive photography! I met with the Danish and Indonesian ambassadors twice, and participated in a lawn party at Habib House (US ambassadors residents). I see that you have a lot of steps there, I consider "S" in Seoul and South Korea to stand for STEPS. CHEERS! PROFESSOR HENRY BARBIER SIRGO

Updates

pen logo

I'll be writing you. Check my blog posts above to see what I am Up to. For questions or comments you can either leave a comment here on my blog or you can E-mail me at chriscoc1@gmail.com

Envelope Logo