Going the Distance

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Far from the action until tomorrow!

This is the first time I have had the transport to get to an internet cafe. I didn't bring my computer up here so will post pictures later of Budda land. One thing about it is that it is peaceful here.

We go back to Kashmir tomorrow morning and yes, there are a lot of problems there. They started the day before we left for Leh and have escalated since then. I don't want to put much on the internet but you can be certain that we will take all precautions to remain safe. We go to Delhi July 6 so we will stay in our friends house until then. They have many guards and people that go out for them if anything needs doing. Their house is near the lake and just above it is the shrine that the big land dispute is all about. I don't want to give anymore specific info because we never know who is reading this blog.

As far as our time here in Leh is concerned, We've had a great time and found more steps than anyone should ever have to climb. Bob developed a latent case of altitude sickness and is staying in the room today. He saw a doctor yesterday and is feeling much better today. I am going to take some more pictures of the market then pack for tomorrow's trip. Don't worry about us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update, Carrie. I am much relieved. I envisioned you right in the middle of it taking pictures and interviewing people. I have little faith in you being careful! I am sorry to hear Bob is feeling poorly and hope you can write agan soon with an update on that.
Mary

Updates

pen logo

I'll be writing you. Check my blog posts above to see what I am Up to. For questions or comments you can either leave a comment here on my blog or you can E-mail me at chriscoc1@gmail.com

Envelope Logo