Going the Distance

Friday, June 13, 2008

Finally made it.

We had a twelve hour layover in Newark because of a huge storm. We stayed at a hotel there and arrived in Delhi yesterday at 8:20 in the morning when we proceeded to get to the other side of the airport and get our flight to Kashmir. Elfie was waiting at the airport here. We are staying in her mother-in-law's house and I have included a pisture of her mother-in-law and her sister who is a retired Dean of a woman's college here and worked in the women's rights movement in India while being a companion of Indii Ghandi for ten years. She is a story to herself. We are staying in a beautiful house just below the Shiva Shrine. There is some type of festival at the shrine so we have to sleep with ear plugs. I have also included a photo of the boat that give tours on this beautiful Lake. There are great houseboats here and a town that is on the lake. The end of the movie "Passage To India" where Dr. Aziz left Delhi to spend his time in northern India was filmed here on the houseboats we saw today. Bob and I also got fitted for Indian clothes (cotton) that the tailor will have ready by this Friday. I'll take a picture of us in our new clothes and let you have a look.

Bob Has His Say:

I'm tired. We got sniffed by the drug dog at the Dehli airport. He gave up and exercised by running around on the luggage trolly. There's a lot of military here--serious looking guys with serious looking machine guns. We have a guard at our gate. He says Americans "are nice people" and puts out rice for the birds.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Hi Carrie, So glad to see you and Bob arrived in one piece. I am sure you two are having a wonderful time. Looks beautiful there. I sent your blog address to all those on my email list. Have a fun and safe trip and I will be checking on your travels. HAVE FUN !!!
God Bless and Love Ya,
Terry

DLN said...

Hey there
Aloha!!! Dee here.
The time on Bob's post was after 3 in the morning - is he a night owl?
I had a little trouble getting past your pix to the actual blog entries, after the third time it went. Glad to hear your are on your way and all that plane travel is past you now. Do you know how to make hyper links. It would beef up your blog entries if we could go to sites that tell about the party or place. (Google the place or event, find some writing about it, an article, wikipedia... copy the URL. When you type the name of the event, go back and highlight it. up by your 'B' bold and 'i' Italic, the next one is your Hyperlink, click it and paste the URL address. That way they can read more without you having to clog your blog. Get it, that was funny, clog your blog. teehee I said it again.
Have fun guys. I'll e-mail you with fun facts from home later.
Happy trails
Dln

Updates

pen logo

I'll be writing you. Check my blog posts above to see what I am Up to. For questions or comments you can either leave a comment here on my blog or you can E-mail me at chriscoc1@gmail.com

Envelope Logo