Going the Distance

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Finally in Cartagena

These are the final pictures from Bogota. We arrived in Cartagena this afternoon and are staying at the beach. It's very windy and lots of people. We're going into the cenral old part tomorrow so I'm pretty excited about that. I haen't been posting because the internet was out at the hotel in Bogota. I could have gone to the hostel around the corner and used theirs but I had some dental surgery and it hurts like hell. I had an implant and they also built up bone in the space where Dr. Fisher pulled my tooth and was supposed to have graphed bone. There were four dentists and surgeons looking for the bone and all I heard one whole day was "NO BONE-NO BONE-NO-BONE" Well, I've got bone now, about twelve visible stitches. And it hurts like hell, did I say that before. We were supposed to fly up here four days ago but they wouldn't let me on the plane. I've been putting ice for two days and hot for two days and the swelling is going down. If you have dental work done here, bring your own pain pills. The dentists believe some really un American thing like letting the patient work out the pain as part of the healing process. I finally got some meds after the third visit and acting very whimpy with the surgeon.

We are happy to get where it's hot and there's plenty of water out there to the north of us. The crime isn't as bad here so a think I'll be able to take out my bigger cameras without the fear of having them stolen. Bob was in a bank the other day and a man behind him said for everyone to slowly give him all their money. Everyone got very quiet, you could hear a pin drop, then Bob and other people turned to look at him and he was drunk and holding a metal pipe instead of a gun. The security kicked him out but it was reeeeallllly quiet for a while there.

I"m looking forward to getting a look at the city tomorrow. It's the Colombians independence day. I want to go diving around the end of the week and also go to a volcano. I'm not sure if Bob is having a good time or not. He didn't like Bogota-it was too high and too cold. This will be better I'M sure. I'm putting in a couple of photos of then police museum. There was a French filmmaker doing a doc on Escabar. His motorcycle is in the picture and also some blood in another one. Pretty grouse but you never know what's going to pop up in front of you so I might a well show it to you too. Good night-Carrie

No comments:

Updates

pen logo

I'll be writing you. Check my blog posts above to see what I am Up to. For questions or comments you can either leave a comment here on my blog or you can E-mail me at chriscoc1@gmail.com

Envelope Logo