Going the Distance

Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday evening in the tropics

We've decided to eat at the hotel tonight. We are finding more and more strange and sometimes questionable residences live here in this sprawled out hacienda. There are some eighty rooms snaking around through huge trees and many patios with three fourths filled with permanent residences. We just had tea with an artist who lives in the tower and has lived there for the last 20 years. He's from the States and has a beautiful black wife and two very interesting children. We bought a piece of wood sculpture from another artist from France who we discovered while walking around to see what we could see. A violinist also lives here who teaches small small children and composes in the evenings. She's really good.

While I was diving today,which by the way was great, Bob happened back to the carver to look at the piece and watch him pack it, he was introduced to a woman who was visiting the carver. She is the daughter of Charlie Chapman. Bob says she's talky like me so I'm going to call her tomorrow and ask her to dinner. Someone should write a book about this hotel.

We did some touring yesterday. Saw many places where scenes from the book Love in the Time of the Cholora, was written in. I mean they are in the book. I have included some photos at the top but must stop now to eat my fish as the breeze blows in from the ocean.

No comments:

Updates

pen logo

I'll be writing you. Check my blog posts above to see what I am Up to. For questions or comments you can either leave a comment here on my blog or you can E-mail me at chriscoc1@gmail.com

Envelope Logo