Going the Distance

Saturday, July 24, 2010

From Kas to Cappadocia





We drove all day yesterday, got lost a bunch of times and arrived at Pashahan Hotel around 11 p.m. We were lucky , we had no reservations, to find such a great hotel. I have included some pictures of the hotel both inside and out. We drove around and made a quick survey of various sites. This place is amazing. I have plenty of pictures and can assure you that the various cone formations have been inhabited by monks and early christians, to Greeks, Ottomans, and now us. We are staying in a cave room and it's really cool. We're sleeping with blankets and there is a heater on. We're going to stay here tonight and tomorrow night. We are going on a baloon ride in the morning at 5 a.m. and going to see a ceremony by the Sufie Whirling Durvish tomorrow night. There is also a city built underground that has goes down six or more floors. We'll visit a couple of floors tomorrow. Bob is holding up pretty well. He is asleep in anticipation of the baloon ride early tomorrow. Neither of us are morning people. We are having a wonderful time and I'm in the alcove to the left of the big bed sitting on turkish pillows and using this great wi fi. I'll report after the balloon ride. Good night all.

1 comment:

Domonique said...

Hey, nice pics you seem to have a facination for caves watchout! Miss me? Just kidding.
Love ya, Domonique Ross

Updates

pen logo

I'll be writing you. Check my blog posts above to see what I am Up to. For questions or comments you can either leave a comment here on my blog or you can E-mail me at chriscoc1@gmail.com

Envelope Logo