Going the Distance

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Last stop on the caravan route






The first picture is of a caravan stop that dates back to 1200. They are built like forts and have open centers where the caravan traders would stop, be admitted, and show there good to the merchants who occupied the booths to the left. We when on through the door at the other end and ended up in a room that had many arches and domes. We saw a ceremony of the Whirling Dervish who are a sect of the Sufie's. I couldn't take pictures during the ceremony but have some art to bring home and have been referred to a BBC program about the Sufies in northern Pakistan.
The other pictures are of an early morning balloon ride in Cappadonia where you can see the surreal landscape and our shadow on the side of one of the formations as our wild and great Spanish balloon driver took the balloon down into valleys. We loved every minute of it, even Bob.
We're in Istanbul now and have seen a few things but will post them tomorrow night. We're happy. Good night.

5 comments:

Mary R said...

All looks wonderful. Unbelievably wonderful.

Terry said...

Hi Carrie, Looks like you and Bob are having a wonderful adventure! Wish I could be there to share in it. Beautiful country and so much history to explore. I am anxious to hear all about it. Stay safe and have lots of fun.
God Bless,
Terry

Terry said...

Gobble,Gobble. Good Morning! I think I am finally figuring blogging out. Your pictures are amazing! Can't wait to see some more. I think so much about what you are able to do and I am so happy for you and Bob. Keep posting.
Love Ya,
Terry

Brad Moody said...

What a great adventure. I cant wait to see more pictures.

ptcruiser70663 said...

Wow! Such an artist's eye. The shadow on Capadocia would be a once-in-a-lifetime shot for many photographers but common for you.

Updates

pen logo

I'll be writing you. Check my blog posts above to see what I am Up to. For questions or comments you can either leave a comment here on my blog or you can E-mail me at chriscoc1@gmail.com

Envelope Logo